Saturday, February 6, 2010

What a day What a storm...

WOWser!! here at my house we measured 26" of snow from yesterday afternoon until noonish when it finally stopped snowing. WOW...
I awoke to the heat off, brrrrrr it was chilly in here a whopping 59*F LOL I got the kids up at 5:30 to have them get in warm clothes, the power wasnt off we thought the gas was out but no and I thought ~I wander if the vent thingy do outside on the roof was covered? I didnt say anything because I felt like a dork, I was trying to read the manual the trouble shooting section and it said the same thing so I told David and he cleared off the roof some and IT WORKED so we are cozy warm.
I woke up with a really bad sore throat, I thought maybe I slept with my big trap open, but no I didnt. :( ohhh well I feel like crappy lol I was outside for awhile taking some photos and the kids had to play in the deep stuff while hubby plowed. Right now I am sitting here planning on tatting here soon too. The snow has stopped, i kind of wish it still were, I am weird I love the snow.
I guess I better get off here if I want to get some tatting done
Have a good day all

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

That's amazing! I can't imagine having to go to work (or whatever the day's plans are) when there is thick snow on the ground. My hat is off to you :)

BeadweaverDeb said...

Glad you got your heat back, I know how that feels! Did the kids have fun outside today? Chris made some tunnels in the snow that I shoveled from the side driveway.
I am typing this on the netbook! My Mom bought me a netgear wireless G USB adapter. The guy at WAL MART said it should work. Well, it didn't! But I kept trying all kinds of things to get it too hook to WIFI.

Nancy G said...

Hope you are feeling better! Wow...that's a LOT of SNOW!! But sweetie, please don't send it our way...lol

IsDihara said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that you can't fully enjoy your snow day(s) because of sore throat. Drink hot tea - and pour a small shot of something alcoholic in it if you need to. This is great chicken soup weather!

Feel better soon.

~TALES~FROM~THE~TAT~BAG~