Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Girl on a Mission...

First let me tell you the story that sparked this mission... A friend whom I went to school with, we were in 5th grade together and we lost touch after that because he moved away... We recently got back in touch and talk quite often, recently his sister who is only a year older than I am was diagnosed with breast cancer. This hit home for me ALOT. I always thought that this struck women who are "older" Me being only 32 years young, stopped in my tracks and really started to think and sort of dwell on it. It could be me... Her brother being the awesome dude he is started just I think as a little level of support for his sister a Bald Wall. He takes your face and using photoshop makes you bald. Well it has totally snowballed into something HUGE. I havent checked lately but last time I seen the wall it was in the high 30's or low 40's of participants. I been thinking of what I can do to help out and I even suggested things to her brother and am now talkign with her about them. This morning I was up at my usual 4am and once hubby got up at 4:30ish I started and finally at 11:53 am I got it done what I wanted to achieve. It only took 15 tries and lots of disgusted sighs on my part but I made a small pink for link tatting "thing" I was planning on making it into a necklace or bracelet, not real sure yet but I got it :) That is the thing you see up top there I just blocked and stiffened it a bit and couldnt wait to show it off not bad work for nearly 7.5 hours of trying LOL I made it with size 30 thread. Its about 3 - 4" inches long I didnt measure it and I am not gonna right now LOL.
My son is being impossible today ARGH I wanna scream, its lunch time and maybe he can behave for a "few" minutes lol
Thanks for looking!!
Heather

2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

BRAVO Heather! This is the first time I have ever seen tatting like this...it must've been quite a challenge. Thank you for not giving up, cuz I think it is fantastic. My prayers go up for your friend.

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

Thanks Sherry
It was fun and challenging, I seriously after the first 2 hours didnt think I would get it... Thanks for the well wishes they are much appreciated...

~TALES~FROM~THE~TAT~BAG~